2023 Pavement Management Project
GMH was awarded the contract for the project at the City Council meeting on May 15. All alternates were approved as well. A change order was approved on 6.5.2023 by the City Council to include additional areas to the project. Updated map below.
Proposed Project Timeline
- March 20, 2023 – Council Authorizes Advertisement for Bids
- April 12, 2023 through May 4, 2023 – Advertise for Bids
- 10am, May 4, 2023 – Bid Opening
- May 15, 2023 – Council Awards Bid
- June 21, 2023 – Construction Open House
- June 1, 2023 through October 31, 2023 – Project Construction
- October 31, 2023 – Substantial Project Completion Deadline
Airport Terminal Building Construction
June 20, 2023 Update – Framing is underway at the airport today!
WSB is in the process of developing a housing study for Glencoe. The last housing study was completed in 2017. Once complete, this document will outline the existing needs for housing within the City and be a tool for developers looking to build in Glencoe.
Oscar Olson Park Study
SEH is in the process of developing a study for Oscar Olson Park. This will identify priorities for current and future uses within the park as well as a layout for amenities. Community input from the Comprehensive Plan will be used to identify those priorities for the park. If you have thoughts on Oscar Olson Park please contact Jon Jerabek at [email protected].
Nuvera Fiber Internet –
3.21.2023 Update from Nuvera
Nuvera made a lot of progress in the community in 2022. We built over 700 fiber passings and began converting existing customers to our fiber network. In addition, we connected new customers that requested our fiber service.
In 2023, we intend to complete the Glencoe fiber overbuild and add an additional 1760 passings. Construction will begin in early Spring.
Our total investment in the City of Glencoe associated with this fiber overbuild initiative is approximately $6,000,000. On average, our construction costs for each home/business are $4200.
The pink indicates the areas in which fiber is currently available. The gold is what is planned for our 2023 build. Much of the mainline is built in the gold area but additional construction is required before we can begin converting customers in this area.
This map may be found on our website https://nuvera.net/gig-fiber/ .
Do you have questions/concerns regarding restoration or project details? Please follow the instructions below:
- The resident/business should call into Nuvera call center at 844-354-4111.
- The associate will take your contact information, specific address, and call back number.
- The information will be routed to the OSP construction department and contractors for follow-up.