Hwy 22 reduced to one lane in Glencoe beginning Sept. 19
Travelers should consider alternate routes
WILLMAR, Minn. – Highway 22 will be reduced to one lane in Glencoe beginning Monday, Sept. 19 to complete the paving portion of the current resurfacing project. Many side street entrances will be closed along Highway 22 from Highway 212 to Armstrong Avenue North and a flagging operation will direct traffic through portions of the roadway that are reduced to one lane. A map of the work zone (shown in orange) is attached.
Travelers should plan for delays and consider taking alternate routes. Paving is expected to be completed by Oct. 7, depending on weather and other unforeseeable circumstances.
The project includes resurfacing Highway 22 in Glencoe from Highway 212 to Cedar Avenue. Existing sidewalks, driveways, and pedestrian ramps along the project area are being updated to meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards. Portions of existing curb and gutter, as well as underground storm pipe, are being replaced. The curb line on the north side of 13th Street is being narrowed from Hennepin Avenue to Ford Avenue, and new sidewalk is being added from the gas station to Sixth Street.
Knife River Corporation is the contractor for the project, which will cost $3.6 million. Construction is scheduled to be completed by October 14.
Work zone reminders
- Slow down when approaching every work zone
- Never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones
- Stay alert; watch for workers and slow-moving equipment
- Obey posted speed limits; fine for a work zone violation is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times
- Sign up for project email and text updates at gov/d8/projects/hwy22glencoe
- Join the Southwest Minnesota Facebook group for news, events, and updates
- Follow us on Twitter @MnDOTsouthwest for news, events, and updates
- For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store